Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim23k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
It really depends on the dealer. My local dealer was not interested. In the end I went to my original supplying dealer (Sytner High Wycombe) for an MOT and asked them to check as part of the end of warranty service (free). They agreed the injectors were excessively noisy (clack, clack clack...) and managed to replace all 6 within warranty.

Initially they were quieter but noticed on cold start that they were getting slightly noisier again but much quieter once warmed up. In an enclosed space (i.e. garage) they were still very 'tappety' but not as bad as before.

I genuinely think this is a characteristic on earlier B58's...are you having similar issues?

Cheers,
Minty
Thanks minty. Mine are a bit noisy under load but Sandal Wakefield just put it down to injector noise and a local indy though it was a normal sound from the high pressure fuel system. A few others have reported it too so does seem to be a B58 characteristic with some being more audible than others. I might get them checked again at some point. Cheers for the info and enjoy the new motor
to be honest, nosey injectors were one if the big reasons I jumped out of my 340i, if I was being unkind, I would say it sounded like s bag if spammers. I'm sure I was overly sensitive about it but it did p*** me off.

the x3 looks lovely though, really growing to fancy an SUV think I'm getting old!

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0