View Single Post
      05-28-2022, 03:24 PM   #1
SuperLomi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

HPFP Position Sensor codes - Help

For background: I just finished up a rebuild and re-install of my engine a few days ago. I've put about 30 miles on it so far. It has seemed to be running smooth, however after filling with gas today, I got a CEL for this issue. I forgot to take a screen cap, but I cleared it and the CEL did not return.

However, I am now seeing the following codes, read via MHD:

165011 - High pressure pump position sensor, signal: missing, substitute value active

165012 - High pressure pump position sensor, plausibility, signal edges: Number implausible, substitute value active

165014 - High pressure pump position sensor, plausibility, signal edges: Position implausible, substitute value active

while I wait for the engine to cool down, I'm trying to find possible points of cause. Of course I will confirm the connections at the HPFP.

I can't seem to find a reference to the HPFP position sensor anywhere. Does anyone know where this reading is taken from?

The other possible concern point is one of the retaining tabs broke off the VANOS wire harness to the DME. It seemed secure, but maybe it's come loose, and I need to replace the connector/wire?
Appreciate 0