Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaleeF30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaleeF30 View Post
Yeah it's recommended but only necessary for stage 2+

I want to wait till I have both intercooler and charge pipes to install them to maybe save on labor and that way we only have to get under there once.

Did you do it yourself or took it to a shop?
Yeah I've just read some people have had timing and IAT temp issues on stage 2 without an intercooler but was fine after stage 2+ with an intercooler.

I work at a dealership actually, I'm not a tech but I know to wrench myself so I do oil changes and basic stuff myself but I have a tech that helps me out with bigger stuff; like a stage 3 turbo
Lucky!
I would love to do the ic and cp myself to save money but I'm afraid I'll mess something up. I mean I watched the kies motorsports tutorials and he make it look so easy.
Kies makes everything look so easy lol. I actually did my chargepipe in a pinch on ramps because my stock one blew but I had the new one already luckily. It was tedious as you have to perfectly align the chargepipe when installing it. If you're not comfortable I'd definitely take it to someone, can't go wrong with a professional doing it.
Appreciate 0