View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #191
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Ours is a 2008, with the N54. Quick summary, it's a good car kept from being great by the lack of an LSD, a stupid set of tires and lots of early warranty work. It's had the usual warranty work done, and then some, but it's actually been problem free for the last two years (knock on wood). The suspension is a hot mess, too stiff and jarring with RFT's, too soft and squishy with real tires. But overall, compared to the S5 and 335i E92 that were available in 2008, it was the right choice for us. It's a few hundred pounds heavier than what I'd really prefer, and as stated, the suspension is an odd mix of undercooked, especially compared to an E92, but the smaller size and less feminine styling really work better for me.

It was sort of supposed to replace my Z3 M Coupe, but didn't really win me over, so it remained my wife's car. I sold my M Coupe and haven't really decided what to replace it with. We need family friendly cars, and the F31 and a Golf R are the current leading candidates, or the wife may get an F30 and I might skip the practical part and get the new Boxster S or try to find a used Boxster Spyder.
If you can get a boxster s or spyder thats a no brainer imo