08-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #113
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSportWagon View Post
Welp .. its at the Dealership as I type with the same symptoms as it presented 2 years ago @ 22K miles (and everyone else reports ..), now at 58K and am expecting a call back with bad xfer case diagnosis. Looks like the extended warranty I bought when it rolled out of CPO is going to pay off afterall ..

Car in question is an early build 2014 328d Wagon

I just spoke with my service advisor and asked him

- Do they automatically replace the Flex Disk Guibo as part of the Xfer case warranty work ? Will it be with the newer design, i.e. the older design is no longer in the supply chain ? He said he will check and report back ..

- Can they add Locktite to the output flange prior to install ? He said he will ask, but most likely not on their dime AND it would void any future warranty work on said part(s).
Oh no! Glad it's getting covered for you again.

I don't think the new giubo is part of the warranty work. That said, since they've got it apart if you were to buy the updated giubo you could try to work out a deal for them to install it (hopefully free, but otherwise less than doing the job later for sure). Even better would be if you could get them to advocate to BMWNA to get you that part and install it under goodwill since BMW officially went away from the old metal giubo.

LCI cars come with the rubber giubo, and thus far it doesn't look like there are any on the transfer case failure database, so you might be OK with just updating that part and not having the dealer loctite the flange to the shaft.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0