09-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Hello all! I need help coding exhaust flap control back in. When I bought the car (2014 335xi) it was plugged in but bimmerlink gives me a function not available screen. The weird thing is even when I disconnect it, I swear the valve still opens and closes. But anyhow, is there a way to code it back in? Same with ASD?
So I had mine unplugged shortly after getting the car, however 12 months later when I plugged it back in I had a real hard time getting the car to re-activate the module. I believe after 48hrs it deactivates it to save any shorts.. I ended up playing it dumb with BMW and they reprogrammed the car.

Unfortunately they had the car just over a week, they went through everything from changing wiring, to switch out just the valve module on the exhaust. The guys in Germany had to help them and finally suggested re-flashing the car which did the trick.