johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Will this paint be able to handle brake system temperatures associated with tracking the car?
Only one way to find out! Of all the paints I've researched I would think that the two-part G2 has the best chance of surviving race temperatures. Check their websites for temp specs. I saw what racing does to the stock blue paint on M Sport calipers. The heat turned half of the caliper a greenish color.

Powder coating is another option but I'm not sure what the high temperature specs on powder coating are. I know that Brembo promotes their paint process over powder coating.

Oh, also the color chosen also has an effect. I recall a powder coating guy telling me that silver is the worst color to put on a brake caliper because it won't hold up.

Another option for high heat race calipers would be to ceramic coat them. Less color options but heat would have no effect. I have photos of my downpipe ceramic coated and a photo of ceramic coating color samples. But I haven't been about to upload a photo to Bimmerpost for the past day or two since they were down for maintenance.
Appreciate 0