12-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #1170
Chadmoe1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i gran coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fssaez View Post
really? no gps lag on that version?
Im not using the default UI so I'll go back to an older version if that will fix the gps.

Also, some suff I reported by email to them:

1. Out of nowhere the unit seems to go slow/laggy. I use Waze for navigation and sometimes it runs really quick and sometimes it doesnt. Memory issues maybe?
2. Having a hard time configuring all 4 volume options.
3. Sound quality is really low. And im not even using the aux cable extension which I though was the problem.
4. When using the reverse/back camera, it will stay ON even after shifting back to P, N or D until I speed over 25mph. Can this be changed?
5. Will you guys upgrade the android os or hardware in the near future? is a gen3 coming anytime soon?
6. When using easyConnect the resolution is lowered by A LOT and it looks like is setup to work on the original 6" screen. How can we fix this? Easyconnection is running the latest update. Is there a different app that supports the hardware installed?
7. How can I configure the split screen when in iDrive? Its locked to the default and doenst show anything other than speed in km/h which I dont care. Can I change something? or turn the split screen off?
I'm in the same situation with the sound quality -- really disappointing. Avin recommended updating the software (which I did) to enable the equalizer, but no amount of adjusting makes the sound seem near as good as the OEM side. I have the bass up a bit high (seems really washed out with it low), the treble up at about 40%, and the mids pretty much dropped out (anything over ~10% makes the sound horrible). I downloaded another player without any benefit.

Avin hasn't been very helpful in diagnosing or addressing the issue -- this, along with other challenges (poor navigation, reconfigured voice command steering wheel button, lack of information around settings, etc.) has tempted me to just remove it.

For the split screen issue, I've read that it may be due to the car's original screen configuration. I upgraded from the small non-nav screen (6.5"?). I believe the car needs to be programmed to accommodate the larger screen size -- I purchased an OBD to USB adapter, but I haven't messed with programming yet.

For the backup camera, I see something similar -- maybe it can be addressed via programming (on the car side)?
Appreciate 0