View Single Post
      08-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #28
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by research View Post
I would disagree highly on that last point. The E90 was advertised everywhere as the 335i dual exhaust model with 18 rims. If yuo'd been in Europe you'd notice that most of the E90s in the "common man" spec, the 320d (which I have ) are equipped with cloth interior, 16in rims, and options are usually automatic gearbox, may be xenons and climate control. Everything else is quite expensive and is on bigger models. So common man spec looks much worse than you think!

BMW will advertise the best looking non Msport model usually. Makes mortals aspire to things. In US I also don't think the 328i is advertised, it's the 335i.

However, what you're seeing in this particular add is a 6 cyl model (it has all chrome grills - mark of upper end range) but they are very possibly shooting different models for the catalog so it can be the 4 cyl 328 model too, not the top end like the big chrome rimmed blue car (probably 335 or 330d like others said).
Every BMW used in filming and photography is the first of the line and per looking the part are fully optioned. They are also crushed because they still are prototypes.

There are three cars on the shoot. Just been informed of that today.

As for initial launch of the E90 we used two cars - Sparkling Graphite 330i (335i was only Launched for the Coupe first) and a 320d in Arctic Silver.

The US is different because of the segment and it is the top-spec models for there. One example is in Europe for the launch of the F10 5er the car was a 535i but for the US Market BMW NA they used the 550i.
Appreciate 0