View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I see only one course of action. File a harassment claim with HR. Tell them she grabbed your junk. #MeToo.

Seriously though, it sounds like you manager does not have your back and neither does HR. You're pretty much F'd. Even if you could score a different cubicle, you're still her b*tch until you either move to the different position in the company or leave. She sounds like a lifer there. She will not retire before you, despite the age gap. Waiting for her to go first is futile.
I still see the # symbol as a "pound" symbol. Every time I see it, I see "pound me too" then I giggle to myself. the rest of your statement is spot on. There is no foreseeable positive outcome to any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Yea, you're not going to change people like that. Best bet is to suck it up & put on some music or job hunt. It sucks, but no one is gonna fix that situation. Now if she's causing problems with her shit talk about people, report to to HR & hopefully she gets fired.
Until I had to train with her to be her back up bluetooth headphones and staying busy with engineering projects are how I have spent the last 2 years. I had no problem with this. Now that my vacation days are limited based on what days she is taking, which there are a few that we have both requested off creates an even deeper problem. As far as her being fired, this will never happen. She will be here until she dies or retires. Her shit talk has landed her problems for years and nothing has been done about it in the 20 years she has been here. No one else here knows how to do her job so they feel as though they have to keep her.

I can appreciate the rest of your comments but these are not viable options although they are comical and adding a bit of enjoyment to my day. Keep them coming.

I did just have a meeting with the Plant Manager to ensure that he realized the impossible situation that they have thrown me in. I did inform him that they are about to lose a good employee over not handling a problem employee simply over not wanting to lose someone who has been here as long as she has. In short, nothing is going to be done. I was asked to simply weather the storm. I was also informed that they have cut my budget on projects for the next fiscal year which is in part why they have asked me to fill in for her. Again, no favorable outcome other than seeking employment elsewhere.
Appreciate 0