Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT ZCP MPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Mostly we "blamed" vettel cause he started the whole event, its not uncommon for some cars in behind had a lightening start and alongside another driver.
And you're right, its also not uncommon for pole sitter to squeeze and protect his position at the start, especially after a slippery start.

But when all of these combined together, its an ingredient of disaster.

When you said Raikkonen came back from the track, his suspension was severely damaged and he was just a passenger even before the car reached Turn 1. He was just skidding on the skid blocks.
I blame Ferrari 100%. As soon as the excitement of Vettel's pole position wore off, I realized he was surely going to be dealing with a wild and relentless Verstappen at the start. The rain only underlined that.

Vettel's an idiot, Ferrari are idiots, and Raikonnen predictably didn't give a shit about anybody. Here's what should've been agreed upon, prior to the start:
1) RAI - Stay the hell away from VET, or anyone near him. I really don't understand why Ferrari got rid of Alonso and kept RAI, but given the situation, demand that RAI be a team player. How could Ferrari let RAI carelessly launch himself into the WC battle like that?
2) VET - VER is guaranteed to torpedo into you; don't clash with him. VER will go into turn 1 too hot, and blow any advantage he has. Let him. For god's sake, don't squeeze him and jeopardize your entire race at turn 1.

How Vettel and Ferrari couldn't have predicted this is mind-boggling. I may very well be done with this season.
No disrespect but this cracked me up.
Appreciate 0