Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5QShip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilMSport View Post
If it's your first couple track days you'll be fine but I'd echo previous replies on brakes and tires as that's the biggest bang for your buck. I ran PS4S's which were good but nothing compared to the RE71R's I run now on my track wheels. I started with RBF600 but run Castrol SRF now which was definitely better. I'm also running PFC08 pads on the track (M-sport brakes) and they are so much better than the RedStuff pads I run on the street. I also have coilovers (KW Clubsport), SS lines, aFe sway bars, F80 LCAs, monoball thrust arms, Delrin rear subframe bushings, rear trailing arms and MP LSD. I'm also corner balanced with 2.5 degrees of camber up front. I'm FBO stage 2 and have no problems getting point bys by 911's. I'm pretty far in now but get some seat time, focus on your line, brake points, the flags and flag stations and learn the limits of your driving and car. If you're anything like me you'll have more car than skill for a while but when set up correctly the F30 surprises a lot of people and you'll have a blast with it. Good luck out there.
Curious - did you do F8 LCAs instead of also doing monoball there bc of camber or cost or? I'd like to get to -2 deg up front for street and occasional track but don't love the idea of camber plates on a DD w/ a car seat
Quote:
Originally Posted by B5QShip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilMSport View Post
If it's your first couple track days you'll be fine but I'd echo previous replies on brakes and tires as that's the biggest bang for your buck. I ran PS4S's which were good but nothing compared to the RE71R's I run now on my track wheels. I started with RBF600 but run Castrol SRF now which was definitely better. I'm also running PFC08 pads on the track (M-sport brakes) and they are so much better than the RedStuff pads I run on the street. I also have coilovers (KW Clubsport), SS lines, aFe sway bars, F80 LCAs, monoball thrust arms, Delrin rear subframe bushings, rear trailing arms and MP LSD. I'm also corner balanced with 2.5 degrees of camber up front. I'm FBO stage 2 and have no problems getting point bys by 911's. I'm pretty far in now but get some seat time, focus on your line, brake points, the flags and flag stations and learn the limits of your driving and car. If you're anything like me you'll have more car than skill for a while but when set up correctly the F30 surprises a lot of people and you'll have a blast with it. Good luck out there.
Curious - did you do F8 LCAs instead of also doing monoball there bc of camber or cost or? I'd like to get to -2 deg up front for street and occasional track but don't love the idea of camber plates on a DD w/ a car seat
I did both F80 LCA and monoball thrust arms
2014 335i M Sport: bootmod3 Stg 2 E30 Custom, AA CP, CSF FMIC, GFB DV , VRSF catless DP, aFe stage 2 intake, KW Clubsport coilovers, MP LSD, aFe sway bars, F80 LCAs, monoball thrust arms, Delrin rear subframe bushings, xHP Stage 3.
IG: German_car_connection
Appreciate 0