United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
I have a quick question, right now, with all the upgrades you have done to your engine, would you ever need forged pistons? Wouldn't they be somewhat necessary with the amount of power you are getting?
Not necessarily. Forged internals are nice, but not as necessary as they were, let's say 10 years ago. Modern internals are very very strong, and usually don't fail until the tuning fails them, or insane power numbers into the 800's. BUT you never know. I'm more so waiting to see what fails next, the factory diverter valve being the first one which was a cheap easy fix. Im leaning towards either the transmission or an axle breaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
Lol I meant meet up and see your car-whip-wheels.

Heading down to ABR middle of this coming week.
Lmao gotcha! Well I'll be at work on nights this whole week, but my car will be at Eurocharged the whole week, PM me your number and I'll text you updates on it in case you want to go by and see it. They'll take you for a ride if it's not strapped down to the dyno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
I agree!! BUT, I'd also keep my eye on cryptocar !! . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
lol I don't know how to actually compete with Nathaniel he's already well into his tuning process and already approaching the world record N55, currently an F22(tuned by ACF). Pretty sure he has the F30 title still(as tuned by EuroCharged). My tune will be very interesting. ACF arrives from Brazil the week of the 23rd!

Unlike Ronanz I am more than happy to use all kinds of fuels in this build lol.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Lol yea I know about cryptocar too, it's actually nice not being the only one on the forums chasing high power numbers. Before it was just BMS and they're so secretive with what they do so it's useless, and ACF who isn't really present on the forums with real life updates. So let's get the ball rolling guys!!!
I was just reading about the problems the F8Xs are running into with axles breaking I forget the break point but they found it and now have replacements rated to 1200hp

My personal biggest concern is the transmission, doing a drop in filter or MPPK cam put you over the stated torque rating.
But I'd bet I'll blow my transfer case first.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 1