05-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #100
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Doing some math, if you get 20 MPG on E85 and use the .73% thermal efficiency factor, you'd get about 27 MPG on 93 octane, or roughly another 100 miles on a 15-gallon fillup. That'd require another 5 gallons of E85 at $1.90 or roughly $9.50 additional cost. Difference between 15 gallons of each fuel is about $12, so (theoretically) it's almost a break-even. The octane boost is definitely a factor, but in "normal" driving, would using 93 cause much power loss? Strange that right there in "Energy City", you have E85 everywhere - I can't even find a station around here that has it.

Yeah, there was no "outer loop" around Houston back in the mid-70s, and the Sam Houston Tollway crosses 45 South right where my subdivision was. Can't imagine what they're doing to the Hardy, but it did get crowded near downtown during rush hour. Sure was a fast way to get from downtown to just below the Woodlands (or vice-versa), though. Did some of my best testing there late at night.
lol well thanks for doing the math for me, that's what I figured though, so now its really worth the extra power haha. But I never really do normal driving, I always drive fast and punch it, unless im on a long road trip but ill still be doing 90-100+ mph. As you can see I have a tendency for driving fast. E85 used to be hard to find but over the last couple of years stations have been popping up all over the place, otherwise I never would have went with PI. I could put a tank of 93 in my car if I had to but I would have to turn off the PI and change all my tune settings, I hope I don't have to go through that lol.

the NE section of the BW is open and clear at night, ive gotten some damn good runs there, a wide open 4 lanes for me to play on lol.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 1