United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
+1 mileage all depends on how you drive. I have a very similar build and tune as Nathaniel and E85 is always worth it for the power. In Illinois we have the 2nd most E85 stations in the country so it's a little harder to find than regular 93 but only a mile or 2 out of the way. I have been running pure E85 (sometimes the winter mix we still had at the pump which is lower around E70 on average) for over a month now as my DD. Normal driving in the highway I get around 26 mpg, but I spent a day at the track last week and blew through over half a tank of straight C85 in about 30 miles of very hard driving on the track. I added a couple gallons of 104 before I left and drove home (40 miles) and barely moved one tick on the fuel gauge. I've been running nitrometh injection as well to get a little more boost on the track and during road tuning since the pure S2 is pretty much maxed out at 25 psi and haven't had any drivetrain issues to date (crank hp being over 600). I rarely change maps aside from little tweaks when working with my tuner remotely but my car has been running fantastically even with the nitro injection.
Just need to remember that Straight E85 for repeated Fill ups is not recommended. Every 4-5th fill up you should run a tank of 93 just to clean out the valves, fuel pumps, and combustion chambers. Turning off the PI is as simple as pulling a fuse but I rarely ever turn it off except when testing different aspects of the fuel system.
I should probably do this. I use e85 roughly 5-5.5 gallons however today I filled up with a full 6 gallons and the rest 93 octane. Do you think I should just run a full tank of 93 through my car or should I get one of the fuel additives to help with that.? I have not run a straight tank of 93 in my car for a while. (embarrassingly enough)
One tank of premium gasoline from a good station, in my area shell V-power 93 is the best, should be more than enough. If you're running E mixes with good premium gas you can go further between "clean out" tanks. I've used some additives in the past but usually just seafoam available at most gas stations or this other BMW branded fuel system cleaner I picked up in my local BMW dealership's parts dept. The bottles claim using it every couple thousand miles will help keep everything running smoothly so I don't go out of my way to do it all that often and haven't used it in a few thousand miles now but I may run a bottle through on my next "clean out" tank.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 1