Quote:
Originally Posted by nadefade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
IMO attempting to paint match is a waste of time. Just pick a color that you like and paint all four calipers. The blue paint on Brembo M Sport is terrible. It dries out and chips very easily. When tracked the heat can turn it a greenish blue.

G2USA is a two part epoxy like coating that is really durable that looks freshly painted all of the time. Photo shows my buddy's calipers that he changed from blue to red with G2USA Caliper Paint.
wow those came out great for G2, did he blast them to get the blue off? i have a set of f80 calipers i want to change to red and have a g2 red kit i bought last year but i see mixed results about the brush stokes being visible using G2 kits. my other option is sand and vht caliper paint with a good clear after.
Nope, he just painted right over the blue. With G2 Caliper Paint the air temperature when you are painting is critical just like the directions say. I can't remember the range, maybe 55-70? Don't quote me. But I recall that when I was finishing up painting in the morning and the temperature began to creep up just a couple of degrees above the maximum. The paint on my brush started to get gloppy. I immediately stopped. The paint leveled out beautifully. No brush marks. So you may have seen photos from guys who didn't follow directions
Interesting! How are they holding up? I'm considering repainting my rears now, but would be concerned with the G2 paint failing without stripping the oem paint (since it cheats so easily).
Mine looked like freshly painted two years later. I would suggest cleaning them well with nylon brushes and Formula 409 which works well to remove dirt and brake dust.

Then I would just rough up the surface with like 400 grit wet sand paper, or what works well is a sanding sponge of roughly that grit. Then right before painting I wipe them down with isopropyl alcohol.
Appreciate 0