United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblues View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM View Post
Sure I'll check in.

BLUF: I *still* love it and don't regret buying it.

I miss the size of the AVIN screen since I had to go back to my 8.8" from the 10.25". I tried to Frankenstein the screen also to use the carplay unit just as a video input, but the AVIN MCU can't decode the input property to display well. Might be a Hz problem, and if I have more time later on, I might give it another whirl.

The unit's stability itself is rock solid. The only issues I've had is with the iOS 13 Dev beta that I have and my phone getting hot in the sun. All iOS 12 devices have been working without any issues.

Either way, feel free to shoot over any questions, I'll be more then happy to help out.
You are giving me the boost now with this update to go with Joye's.

Have you tried to play audio via iDrive OEM USB and use wireless Carplay at the same time?

I know Bluetooth does the job, but I was hoping one of the users here reports back about the results?
Just gave it a whirl. It works fine.

Plugged cable to armrest USB, was able to control through carplay and have audio out through dock.

However, you lose 1) Siri audio 2) Waze/Google/whatever guidance instructions and 3) the steering wheel scroll is screwy because since you're through the NBT USB, you can pick what song you want/go next and back, but the scroll also controls the carplay interface.

Personally, my AUX is fine for me and I don't have any problems with it. I run mine with full Joyeauto/aux. The only downside is that callers can sometimes hear themselves when we are on the phone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1