View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #173
MotoEV
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Active Hybrid 3

Congrats on your new car. The 8 speed auto is the star of this car. Very smooth gear changes and very fuel efficient. When I had the 328i as a loaner, I felt the need to drive it in Sport mode to get the responsiveness you get with the AH3.

For me the AH3 reminds me of cars of the past that were effortless off the line while still being luxurious. The start with electric propulsion feels magical and the engine blends in at higher speeds to give you that never ending thrust forward. Reminds me of larger v8 engines with 4 cylinder economy. I also like when the car is coasting/sailing. When I get to the entrance of my subdivision, I can coast and drive on battery all the way to my garage door and never have an engine start.

Continue to share your experiences as you get to know your AH3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdong View Post
Well you can temporarily disable A.S.S. by putting the transmission joystick into M/S. It's interesting that Sport mode doesn't imply that. Either way, it's not all that important on the ActiveHybrid as the electric motor does a pretty good job of getting you rolling while the engine comes back online.

P.S. Hello everyone, proud new (4 day) owner of a 7/2012-made ActiveHybrid 3. My first tank has been at 27mpg with the body computer claiming 27.3. Very impressed given the way I've been driving the car. Came from a 2011 A4 2.0T and it got nowhere close to this mileage.
Appreciate 0