View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Day 6: Maranello, Ferrari Museum, Part 1
Big 90 Pic Ferrari Update on the way! Apologies for not finishing this sooner.

After visiting the Neuschwanstein Castle, I point the car at the Austria Alps and head south. I’m actually on a two lane semi-twisty mountain road all the way to Innsbruck. The further I drive into the Alps, the warmer it gets. The mountaintops are covered with snow, but the valleys are green. Strange micro-climate going on. I’m not sure why that is exactly other than it’s early winter and Alps cause all the snow to dump in Bavaria.

I had to stop and snap a photo of this idyllic Austrian village.

Bimmer is getting a bit dirty.

I arrive at the CaPenelope Agritourismo outside Maranello about 9pm that night. These photos are taken the next morning.

While Villa Toscana was the nicest hotel, CaPenelope was the most fun. CaPenelope had by far the biggest room complete with a kitchen (with moka pot and expresso!). It wasn’t modern or luxurious, but very country and Italian. I was my favorite place to stay.

It’s an agritourismo. That means farm animals.

A glorious sunny day.

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429

Last edited by Jackson743; 03-06-2013 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0