11-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #25
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Since jdr78569's PM inbox is full:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my 328d tuned at Mission Performance the other day in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

When we pulled the DDE out of the car they saw that it was very different from the DDEs in the '14-'15 cars. The enclosure, PCB, processor, and more is different. We noticed that this is more similar to the DDEs used in the 535d and X5 35d than the '14-'15 328d DDEs. Alex said he thinks they moved the SCR computer from a separate module onto the main DDE. They were able to pull some information off of it, but need to figure out how to read the tune information since various I/Os are different.

Since I'm not local to them, they said they might be able to tune it later this year when they're in the Bay Area. I asked if JR/AAR could tune it, and they said it wasn't likely those guys had worked with this new DDE either.

I'm planning on going with a stage 1 tune. They said stage 2 will decrease the life of the DPF significantly, and should really only be used with removed emissions components. One of their shop cars is a 328d with their RWD conversion, emissions equipment removal, and stage 2+ tune. They said that the particulate matter coming out the back is significant and gets the rear pipe/bumper dirty fairly quickly.

BTW, if any of you guys with '14-'15 328d DDEs are interested in a spare DDE, the one I bought for my tune won't work with my car since it came from a '15. LMK if you're interested in it.
Sorry about that i didn't realize it was full, cleared it out now. Dang i wonder if mines going to be like that; guess ill see monday. Im going for the stage 2 but AARodriguez said theirs no issues or future issues from the stage 2, do they use different components and resources, maybe that why they said that about the stage 2. AARod's stage 3 is larger so they do the emissions removal. How much for the DDE. Im considering keeping my original stock and tuning an extra just incase but i don't know if that necessary. Mines also a 14 so maybe it won't work though idk PM me part number and details
Appreciate 0