Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW E39 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkswoosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
The Bilsteins, imo, are just better all around. The adjustment knobs are on the bottom of both shocks for the PSS10s. They also use a progressive spring across the lineup which has to be very closely tailored for the car/shock its used with. Bilstein also uses an inverted shock in the rear, like Ohlins, which are also an arm, and a leg lol. But they are worth it. If you need daily comfort and track ready coilovers you can't go wrong with either of these two.

KW uses linear springs, and sometimes two on the same shock to make a pseudo progressive setup. For your application I wouldn't spend the extra money for the Bilsteins. The Kw coilovers will be more than great to replace the base suspension, lower the car, and give it the driving experience it should have had from factory.
Man, i really appreciate your opinion. making my decisions A LOT easier. If i do go coils setup. I'm most likely just going to adjust it twice maybe 3 times a year. so easy access on adjustment shouldn't be too much of a reason for me. yeah that stock setup from factory just gives bmw a reason to go back and get more money from us. thanks for the response man.
Be prepared for lots of wheel alignments! Rule of thumb is to have one done every time ride height is changed.
Appreciate 0