Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Another option:

Lease swap. Let someone else take over the lease. It costs $500, which the new leaser can pay. Then you can wash your hands of it and get a CPO car and save some $.

Yet another option:

Lease a second car. I was actually in the exact same situation as you. Leased my M3, then my commute jumped to 80 miles a day. I would have paid close to $7k in mile overages as well. I shopped around for used cars but a $7k car is usually a POS. Do I really want to drive around half the time in a shit car? Personally, I'd rather pay $7 and drive around in my M3 all the time. BUT... then I thought about leasing an i3. It's not as nice, but I get to use the carpool lane, and I don't feel like I'm in a shitty used beater! PLUS BMW has 2 years free charging, so not only would I save on mileages on my M3 lease, but I won't be paying for gas! It was a no brainer. I found a great deal, and I mean really great. My total out of pocket is less than my mileage penalty. Insurance is an added expense, but I'm saving a good amount of money on gas. All in all, I'm spending about $50 a month net and I have the convenience of an extra car in the driveway.

Unfortunately you can't get any i3's now. You can, however, get some great deals on Chevy Bolts and Volts as well as Fiat 500e's for less than $200/mo. Check out a continually updated list here:

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/c...ected-evs.html

The Honda Clarity can be had for $900 down, $199 a month. That's a decent deal for a range of 366 miles.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0