View Single Post
      03-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #103
n49ex
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I sport

My New 440i GC

Got my 2108 LCI 440i GC two weeks ago, and just love it! Thought I’d share my experience in several areas:

Ordering experience - Ordered Dec. 31, 2017, delivered February 22, 2018. Dealer support and tracking info were great. Obsessed over the delivery, watching the ship cross the ocean every day, but the anticipation was great fun (despite the ribbing from my wife)!

Colors – Snapper Rocks Blue with white interior. I love light colors and find them more energizing, and the SNB is just stunning! Of course, the light leather will require some attention to keeping it clean, but it can be done. I’d say the dealer sales people were rolling their eyes a bit at the order, given they order their stock almost exclusively dark, but it sat in the showroom two days after delivery because we were out of town, and apparently customers were gaga over it! Driving it for a week now, it is amazing the number of compliments you get on the overall looks of the car and the SNB.

Wheels – I chose the 18” 400M rims because they ride a bit smoother than the 19”, and IMO the popular 704M wheels look a bit too edgy, while the form of the 400Ms is more compatible with the GC shape and lines. And, IMO, the thinner profile of the 19” tires look pimp car to me. The Birdgestone Potenzas (had them before) handle very precise, but frankly I look forward to wearing them out and replacing with Michelin PSSs, which are overall outstanding – quieter, much better on wet surfaces, great handling.

Driving experience – It is blazingly fast. Electric steering is taking time to get used to. As a driver’s car, I’d say you need to put it in Sport (chassis) mode all the time. Still, coming off a 2011 335i, I do miss the hydraulic steering….

LED headlights – wow – I was really worried about these as I loved the steering HIDs on my 335i and there have been some disparaging comparisons in the forums. But man, the adaptive LEDs are fantastic! They are brighter than the HIDs, well restricted in regarding oncoming traffic, and well balanced in color – nice and white, not blue. And the high beams just make you want to seek out some deserted winding country roads!

Compared to my previous E90 335i – love the hatch back; love the LED headlights

A few niggling complaints – Steering wheel controls left/right backwards – audio volume should be on the left for fingertip control; smaller visor mirrors; no synced left right temperature control; no audio Aux input; HK audio inferior to 2011 335i: poorer bass extension. Oh well, a company run by the accountants!

Otherwise, a fantastic new ride, just love it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2