View Single Post
      03-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #110
n49ex
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I sport

Montpier, great looking car, congrats and enjoy!

I'm a bit of an audiophile as well, and actually don't like boomy bass. I tend to like flat response, and the difference I noted from my 2011 E90 335i is in low end extension. The E90 HK was (is, I actually still have it...) not so much more bass, but flatter and cleaner, and extended into nearly subsonic. The new HK sound more limited and the lowest bass sounds more like thumping on a cardboard box than smooth transition into kind of bass you feel as much as hear. I'm wondering if it is the sub woofer drivers or a difference in the cavity into which they work as the effective "cabinet" if you will. I'm going to find out by interchanging my old drivers with the new ones - a bit crazy, but I want to know if this can be helped.

The M Performance mats look great! They are nice! BTW, one other M Performance mod that's easy to do and so cool is the lighted door sills.

I can't get over how the dealers around me don't order any SRB 4 series for stock. In the couple of weeks I have been driving it, I have been approached numerous times in parking lots, asked at lights to roll down the window, etc., and every time it is, "Hey, that's a great looking car/color", "Can you get that from the factory or did you paint it yourself?", etc. That's never happened to me before in any car!

Slowly getting used to the electric steering. Have it in chassis sport mode all the time - just a bit tighter feeling. This machine is awesome!
Appreciate 1