View Single Post
      09-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Wilko View Post
My 2017 330i was put into service in May but has not yet received any map updates. I'm stuck on the 2016-2 update while the 2017-2 update is already out.

Furthermore, when I go to confirm what region is selected for the OTA updates, no regions appear. Just a spinning iDrive wheel icon on the left. So, can't confirm or select any region.

Dealer has nothing more helpful to say than wait for an update. BMW assist says they are not setup to help Canadians and that I should go to my dealer. Just great!

Has anyone had and resolved a similar map update issue?

I attached a picture showing the empty Region Selection screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sgt Wilko
Hey, thanks for posting the picture and additional information.

A little background about the regions.....Canada is one region. This is very different from the US, where it is broken up into multiple regions. This is why selection of the region manually is redundant as the vehicle automatically determines that it is located in Canada and assign that as the region.

Now in terms of the OTA map update. When there is a new map released the update is pushed out over the air. In the background, vehicles in Canada region are queued to receive the map update. The update is attempted until successfully downloaded and installed.

If you want to provide me with the last 7 of your VIN, I can look into your case further.

Regards
Appreciate 0