uncleruckus
no relation
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34dean View Post
Thanks all.

A couple more questions:

1. Regarding octane, from what I have read it sounds like use 91 when available and 93 if not. No 87 or 89, correct?

2. I read somewhere that taking out two 5 amp fuses keeps the exhaust pipe open all the time. What does this do to sound etc.?

1. Regarding octane, the minimum (as recommended by BMW) is 89 octane, you can go as high as you want (91/92/93/94 all would be perfectly fine). I personally either get Shell 91 or Chevron 94 (I am in Canada tho, so the octane numbers may differ). Plenty of people run 89 octane without any issues; however, generally speaking, higher octane will give you a bit more power (although this depends on how you're driving and how sensitive you are to fairly minor changes)

2. I am not 100% sure if the fuse removal will open the exhaust flaps, but check out this thread: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=684397

That will detail the "golf tee mod" for f30 platform, which opens the flaps all the time. For my 328i, it really didn't make much difference (I am sure it's a bit louder, but for day to day driving, it doesn't really change anything).
Appreciate 0