03-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #6
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daberlin View Post
Good morning everyone,

Performed the BBK install last weekend and thought I'd share a few comments and some eye candy photos. The job is quite manageable as a DIY; only complaint I ever have working on brakes is it's a dirty job.

As background the car is a 2013 335i M Sport; it came with the gray 2 piston fronts, and single floating piston rear set up. The reason for the upgrade was primarily cosmetic; I was unimpressed with the appearance of rust (primarily on rear rotor hats), brake squeal coming to slow stops at lights, and excessive brake dust. BMW service dept claims the rust was due to the chemicals I used treating the wheels prior to washing. I call BS on that (use same chemicals on Porsche brakes and no rust), but after 2 years watching the rust get worse, the old set up needed to go. I don't track this car, so I wanted a nice looking set of rotors, low dust/noise pads, and improved bite over the much maligned M Performance pads.
Wow, orange looks nice on EBII.

I did my rear brakes (stock 1 pot rear) last friday and they were a PITA to do as the same caliper holding bolts you were talking about was stuck on, almost seized.

I had a buddy and myself on a bar adapter force it out before I put on tons of anti-seize on every bolt I removed.

The brake pad isn't flush (sticking into the middle of the rotor a tiny bit) but I was planning on upgrading to m-performance BBK by the end of the year, the only problem was getting either yellow or orange, and I think I know my answer after this thread

Awesome!

P.S:

2 piston fronts?

Don't they come 4 front and 1 rear?
Appreciate 0