View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I pretty much finished off my Hankook R-S4's this past weekend (5th weekend on them) and am thinking about what tires to get next. I've been eyeing Cup 2's and was wondering what kind of life you guys are seeing out of them (track only, as I won't be driving those tires around on the street).

If I had been wiser and flipped the R-S4's on the rim after the 3rd event I probably could've made them last another 2 weekends, since it was mainly the outer shoulders that were gone and starting to chunk. I wouldn't mind going with R-S4's again, but kind of want to see what else might be good to try and have a decent lifetime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
A bud just trashed his in one track day. He had them heat cycled and they were still trash after the first event. He went to the 2nd event a month later and struggled because he was basically on ice skates. He went to 71R's.
The RS4s should have the best life for the extreme summer performance tire class. I'm almost positive the RE-71Rs will wear out far sooner than the Hankook RS4s.

You're wearing out the outer shoulders of the RS4? Does your front require more camber?
Appreciate 0