View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #101
HybridAWD
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive

I think there is some potentially great aspects to xDelete but I might be thinking too far outside of the box.

Similar to the ATTEDA E-TS in the GTR, if you're in to drag racing then being able to turn off the front, do a burnout, then reactivate for launch... that'd be pretty amazing. Granted, I doubt there are that many owners who are going down that path, but having that option is great. Obviously the dyno option was mentioned so that is a huge perk for those without an AWD dyno in their area.

No clue if this is an option but I wonder if (in the future) you could enable xDelete at a certain MPH/gear under Sport + Traction Control off that way you're applying max torque to the rear and eliminating the need to drive the front. Sure you still have dead weight but if you can eliminate the engine having to turn the front, there could be a slight benefit to that. (is there really that much difference with 0-60 with RWD vs AWD in these cars?)

I think the big picture is that this is all somewhat still kinda of "new" tuning technology and it has so much potential. Whether it's good or bad for the mechanical components of the cars, I think that can only be determined over the long haul. Either way, it's exciting times we're living in with being able to modify the drivetrain of cars with our phones lol
Appreciate 2