Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw
Hey guys,

I've been getting this high pitched whine at low-rpm accelerating from my car recently. I've taken it to the dealership, they made me drive it out with them but the noise wouldn't show up. The noise keeps returning after ~1.5 hours of driving. Whether calm or spirited. Did a recent internet search and this guy described it perfectly as "s4 turbo making a whining noise like supercharger, whats wrong?
So I was informed by a guy that knew the previous owner of my car that the turbo was making a whining noise and sounded like a supercharger."

I am suffering from the same issue, any ideas to how I can get the dealer to check it out without resorting to me driving it, as murphy's law never works to my side.
My guess is that it's a ripped DV. Causes boost leaks that can significantly limit power and also makes noises audible from the intake. If you can log boost with a JB4 or if you don't have a tune use a cheap OBD dongle and an app like dash command to measure boost. If boost doesn't reach stock targets you have concrete evidence for them to investigate further. Don't let a dealer brush off your issues, they often do in turbo related issues since it's a labor intensive job for them.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 1