05-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #11
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_bri_328i View Post
I'll def let you know about BM3. I'm getting ready to flash it in about an hour. I'm def a newb when it comes to a lot of this stuff so I'm glad a have a forum like this to call out questions that I might need answered. On that note. When I datalog in BM3 I don't have to be hooked up to wifi correct? I just leave in my OB2 in and record the data while I drive? I assume you can do this offline?
Yep, that's what the forum's here for .

I'm honestly not sure about offline dataloging with BM3. BM3 is all web based, so it all goes more smoothly with an internet connection. You can flash offline by using the "download now, flash later" function, but I don't know if you can datalog without an internet connection. Whenever I datalog, I connect my laptop to the personal hotspot on my iPhone. So I'm pretty sure you need an internet connection to log, or at least I do. I'm still new to the BM3 platform as well, so I can't really give you a definite answer.