View Single Post
      10-10-2021, 01:28 AM   #13
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

It's easy to get criticized by enthusiats, but we must all remeber that in the past a lot of awful concept were made from BMW, without seeing them into production.

Think about the x-sport concept, or the Gina for instance, not so nice right? Along them there were others stunnig ones; 3.0 csl hommage and Turbomesiter concept for example. Not all we see goes into production fortunately and....unfortunately.

What we're seeing here is just a vision which doesn't reflects in any way a production model. It' s an "idea" of what, I assume, the future 2 series active tourer could be.

I don't like it, but I don't see anything scaring in proposing concepts, and if it won't be a concept, no matter, I'll buy something else.

I'm a BMW enthusiast, so is all my family, and we criticized the new front grill when the vision 4 series appeared 2 years ago. I still don't like it, but I understood the concept behind it, and they answered to something I strongly needed, as I didn't liked the similarity of my M140i with the other common 1 series M sport versions. So they made something clear "right for me"; the new M3 front which is unmistakable different compared to a common m340i. That's why I've ordered one.

I prefer to see maybe controversial concepts rather than seeing a frozen company. In the recent past BMW has shown a vitality, speaking of design, that was extremely needed after years of immobility after Chris Bangle's era.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017

Last edited by V-Eight; 10-10-2021 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0