United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott View Post
What I'm interested in is a great car. If Caddy steps it up in areas that I focus on I'd certainly consider it for my next car.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Well written !!!

It baffles me that so many on this forum consider the ATS to be a serious competitor for the F30. I very much doubt that BMW AG is worried about the ATS, so long as Cadillac continues to maintain its reputation for building average quality cars combined with polarizing styling. I also doubt that European buyers would seriously consider the ATS.
In case people haven't been paying attention, BMW have been their fair share of competitions lately. The e89 Z4 seems to have been stillborn. Notwithstanding the M5, the F10 is being strongly criticized as numb and uninspired and lost a comparo to the Lexus GS. The F30 recently lost a comparo to the Audi S4.

Why is it so difficult to believe that Cadillac could build a serious sport sedan contender? Almost all of the professional reviews agree at a high level that the ATS does NOT dethrone the 3-series, but is a very good first effort. Considering how long Inifiniti, Lexus, Audi, and MBZ have been chasing the 3-series, the fact that Cadillac could get this close is impressive. Even the BMW SCCA driver in the video said the ATS reminded him of an e46 M3.

Competition is good for the breed. Cars like the ATS and S4 should remind BMW that their reputation as a purveyor of driver's cars is at risk. I for one welcome the competition and would consider an improved ATS or any other brand if they can build a better 3-series.
Appreciate 0