View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
gavmobile
Rep
Drives: V70 D5

BMW Select vs Lease

I've decided to finance my f31, make sense in my circumstances and I was pretty happy with the Select deal I've been offered

However I've now noticed some incredible lease deals. For instance 330d xdrive MSport touring with Pro Nav £420 per month inc vat on a 6 + 36 basis over 10k mile pa. That equates to a £2500 deposit. 24 month deals can be had for even less but I'll stick with 36 for comparisons

My select monthly payment is way way higher with a 10% deposit but still very affordable. Allowing for a 10% discount off list price according to the BMW calculator I'd need to chip in a £7500 deposit to make the same £420 monthly payment, so like for like it looks like it'll cost me £5000 less to lease over 3 years

Obviously I don't get to purchase the car at the end of the contract but to recoup the £5k saving the car would have to be worth £5k more than the gmfv right? So £24k for a 3 year old 330dx? Maybe, but I guess that's what this comes down to right, a gamble on future value?

Anything else I'm missing? Leasing seems to be the better option for me here I think
Appreciate 0