Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blk335ix View Post
no codes thrown. I have bm3 stage 1 and it's been happening ever since I installed it
So... you'd want to disconnect the BM3 to see if the misfires stop, right? I don't think you need to remove it altogether, just unplug its connections to see if the problem goes away.
Unplug bootmod3. 🤦*♂️
Lo and behold, unplugging the mod made the problem go away. So there.

So why would a more aggressive tune lead to misfires? Perhaps the octane is too low, or maybe older plugs will help?

Or maybe the BM3 wasn't connected tightly, and getting a bad reading? Or it could be defective.
Man are u slow or something? Bootmod3 is a flash tune it doesn't get "plugged in" or "unplugged" or have a "loose connection". Wow.
Ok, it's a software tune. ($500 for a software tune... damn!) Still, disabling it solves the misfire.
Alls I'm saying is I wouldn't take advice on causes of misfiring on a flash tuned car from someone who thought bootmod3 was something you plug-in and suggested to unplug it or anyone who seemed to think $500 for a flash tune is "damn".

Buddy who has made 20 different posts about his misfiring n55 should prepare himself for the news that it is actually his clutch slipping and the dme detecting misfire based on the slippage. And people in general should get over trying to solve everybodies problems they have on their cars by telling them to change spark plus or adjust spark plug gap and then when they waste their time and money doing that they come back and say to get new coil packs and when that fails.... unplug bootmod3.