View Single Post
      05-14-2021, 01:17 AM   #1
Felixrobb
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30 335i Xdrive

Long cranks and misfires N55 F30

Hi guys,

I Have a 2013 f30 335i xdrive. I did a lot of research on the problem that i have with my car and can't find a thread with someone who's car has the same symptoms as mine so I decided to create my own.

Since a couple of weeks/months, my car has had a problem of misfiring. It happens mostly/only at idle and when the car is warm. Plus, the less fuel i have in the tank, the worse the misfires gets. If i drive the car with the misfires for too long, the car will go into limp mode. When the car is cold i have barely any misfires. And on WOT there is no problem either, the car revs up properly with no issue.
Also, when i cold start the car, it quickly starts with no problem, but when the car is hot it has difficulty to start up and sometimes the start up dies and i have to start again. Usually when i start it up and i see it is struggling, i give it a little gas and it works, but then it will start to shake due to misfires... The misfires are mostly on cylinders 3 and 4.
Also, i can drive on the highway for 2 hours with no problem, but when i sit in traffic for 30minutes, misfires start to add up and finaly it goes into limp mode...

If i summarize:

Lower the fuel = worse misfires + hard to startup

Warmer the car = worse misfires + long cranks at startup

Long time on idle = limp mode

I know about cars but i am far from a pro! I think my problem is linked to the fuel system but wich part? LPFP? HPFP? Fuel pressure sensor? Or maybe it's the injectors?

What are your thoughts??

Thanks! (Sorry for my english, not my first language)
Appreciate 0