03-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #48
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
you can't just say you "doubt" they do that. the implications are significant. you'd have cars overheating, blowing radiators/radiator hoses, blowing head gaskets...you just can't assume an oem would give you a vehicle with that risk up in the air.

that being said, the procedure you mentioned may be how you fill it up in your driveway for cheap, but OEMs use a vacuum filling tool to push coolant past the thermostat and make sure the system is full at the factory. most if not all sell the tool to dealerships and they fill your coolant the same way.

Ok, I say that I doubt that because they don't have the time to run every build serveral times. Talk to your dealer or for quick reference check out a factory video on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. They fill up all the liquids, test the engine... everything checks out then they move it out. Customer gets the car after everything is settled and puts some miles on it and then it's not unthinkable that the whole system didn't get enough fliud from the factory so it ends up showing low after miles are put on it.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0