View Single Post
      11-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #53
Crispykickz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i M-Sport

I didn't see this mentioned yet....

So the rebate amount is 40% off MSRP - yet, when you buy something on ShopBMWUSA.com they give you your local center's pricing. At some dealerships, the price of the part is MSRP - so you're stuck.

However, some dealerships have aggressive internet pricing, so the price of the part is not MSRP, but some amount lower. When you purchase the part at the lower price, the rebate that comes back is the stated amount on the form, not some 40% off calculation of what you paid.

For example - the LSD is priced @ $2500 with a $1000 rebate.
However, my local center - BMW of Fairfax shows a price of $2090 when I add it to the cart on ShopBMWUSA.com. You should still get the $1000 rebate, so your cost for the part is not $1500, but instead $1090...which I think is a great deal on the LSD.

I didn't actually buy anything this year, but I purchased several items during last year's 50% rebate sale and it worked exactly how I described above. I got a bunch of thing - paid less than MSRP and received a check worth 50% of the MSRP - so I think the deal is still good this year, even with 40% off instead of 50%
Appreciate 0