View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #51
wickedwahine11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW 428i M Sport convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Sport Wagon Funnnnnnnnn View Post
Did anybody download the software Vgate tells you to do or just download the Bimmercode app and connect it right up?
No, you can just download Bimmercode. I did my car today and added tilt/untilt mirrors at lock/unlock with Comfort Access, turn off stereo at unlock door, and disable notifications at start up.

It is a great app, very easy to use (even though I was nervous). I did get the chassis stabilization warning error but was not worried, as many other people in the long F87 thread said they had gotten it.

I also coded it to prevent auto a/c on startup and though the app says it was coded successfully, it still comes on automatically. I am due to take my car back in for its second squealing brakes service this week and figure everything will get erased when I do. Hopefully when I recode again, this one will work for me.

My only complaints are that the Bimmercode app webpage said I could enable HUD telephone info, but I cannot do so. And the double door pull with auto-lock can only be disabled in expert mode. I don't feel confident enough to tinker with that, so I am hoping the developer adds that to dummy mode - it and the a/c are both things I would love to remedy. But overall, it is a great app, and well worth the money.
Appreciate 0