08-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #63
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4 View Post
Okay, so I coded my first few options tonight. It worked fine it seems, but the process left me with a few questions:

1. As I scrolled back through the options after coding a few at a time, I SWEAR it showed some options/defaults changed that I didn't edit. Example: Start without depressing clutch showed to be active, but I know that's not the default and I didn't change it. Is there a list of default settings so I can double check? I know to some extent these would vary from car to car. Confusing.

2. To address item 1, I looked at restoring from backups and realize they're done automatically (I guess...several backups showed up under the setting even though I hadn't actively backed up).

Overall, Bimmercode did its job, but I'm confused now on what's changed and what should be the default. I wish I knew if the first backup was the original settings. If so, I'd start over and be a bit more deliberate with each setting. Part of it was learning what each did since the documentation is scarce (at best) in the app.

p.s. I'm just glad to now have tire pressure (and temp I guess) in the iDrive display. That alone was worth the +/- $40 price of admission!
Check this thread...........

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1391908