View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 06:54 AM   #56
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
Got my Bigboost turbo and Supra hpfp sorted out. How much hp do you think I can make with this kit on 91 octane? Yeah I don't want to deal with meth and ethanol mixing.
Maybe 550whp or so. You'll need ethanol or something to increase octane to make more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfB58 View Post
I planned on going Big Boost Stage 3 MPR 6164 Turbo along with a CSF Heat Exchanger! If I were to use the stock HPFP what do you think the results would be?
The results will be disappointing.

Skip the heat exchanger and get a fuel pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyca View Post
Why are none of the popular options utilizing a ball bearing turbo?? I remember all of the Audi big turbo setups using legit garret Gt or Gtx turbos with ball bearings. Typically this means faster spool and increased durability. Win win right?
I'm really glad more and more VAG people are popping up here to speak my language. I think the same thing. BMW tuning is way cheaper, but materials and design is cheaper as well. VW was all expensive Doc Race style BT options, while BMW owners jump on log manifolds and hybrids like crazy. I asked one vendor specifically and he said "It costs me more money, and it doesn't make me more money." hard to argue with that.

Also I'm coming to learn that, from a spool perspective, twin scroll/twin turbo design trumps all those other turbo properties. So since the N54 days it has never been a concern, because it's not like VW where you have a bunch of exhaust pulses fighting for priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Probably because Peter posted from his personal account not a Pure account.
Folks are getting comfortable because of facebook lol.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00