View Single Post
      10-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #41
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Back in my young modification days there were 2-3 that came to mind, in no particular order:

1. Adrian Flux
2. Sky Insurance
3. Broker Direct (broker that actually shaved £300 off the Aviva quote).

Other random ones worth a try but not sure if they are open to modifications:
1. NFU Mutual
2. CSMA
Checked out brokers this morning going through an extensive list, was surprised at the night and day difference in language, professionalism and attitude over the phone between a few. Will not name as they ultimately suggested what they could do, and that was not match the best price I got so far so cuts down on wasted time both sides.

One answered, Hello... which I responded to asking to get a quote and got "Where did you get this number from?!" then really quickly firing off short questions in far from the nicest manner, "Age, Car, Age again!?, what part of the country) almost like being interrogated with no opportunity to breathe.

eSure seems to be next best cover in the event I want to go down the mods route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Are folks defaulting to the cheapest? I once did that and it was all about reducing the cost. However, I started looking at trusted reviews (verified) and sometimes the second to cheapest was best!
Just my thoughts earlier on reading the policy booklet I googled for the one underwriter/insurer through my Chris Knott quote, Highland (apparently part of LV broker).

Edit: Missed out the most important part, the header . First point removed

Other points that made me pause for a while:
  • NOT COVERED: Loss or damage from repossession of the insured car and returning it to its rightful owner.
  • DECISION IN CASE OF CLAIM: Entirely at our discretion and subject to payment of the policy excess,
    arrange to:
    a) repair the damage at our Approved Repairer, we may decide to use
    suitable parts or accessories which are not supplied by the original
    manufacturer, or alternatively authorise repairs at a repairer of your choice subject to the provision of satisfactory estimates,
  • SITUATIONS NOT COVERED: Pressure waves caused by aircraft and other flying objects, or Carrying any dangerous substances or goods (BBQ coal for example?)

Might have been a US thing I regularly saw on these forums, but if a car is stolen it has automatically devalued as a result of being recorded as stolen, but no compensation given as a result? Isn’t it similar with cars being CAT C/D, with the option of buying back?

Full policy: https://www.lvbroker.co.uk/customers...17140611&la=en

Pretty speechless unless I really have not been reading my other policies as well..

Honestly don't think I can be asked anymore.. will stay stock and stick with BMW. I get the "you pay to play", but this isn't even at the stage of hardware, modding and troubleshooting anything mechanical, just basic cover that does not meet any sane persons expectation.

Last edited by KTE; 10-16-2020 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00