View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #217
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I give up, you clearly weren't the strong reader at your school, or you're a politician, or both.

I mentioned the Mini One, not a US spec Cooper. The A Class would not be $23k with US pricing, as even your beloved Jetta starts at 17k pounds (albeit with nicer ROW specs, not the solid axle US spec). Further, as already stated, there's a new A-Class coming that may even make it to the US.

But to your point that Audi and Lexus aren't diluted by being associated with VW and Toyota, I generally do agree with that. Of course VW also has Skoda and SEAT to drag them down, and Toyota has Scion too. I don't buy cars based on brands, if Hyundai continues building great cars, I'll probably own one of those at some point, and if BMW keeps building heavy, electronically assisted cars with minimal feedback, I'll probably stop buying those too.
You clearly cannot follow a thread, you need to read the whole thread before you offer your opinion.
My debate with another poster, before you butted in, was about BMW and Mercedes not able to built a quality mid size sedans for $15000. Thats a dollar sign I used, not pounds.
I dont think Skoda and SEAT drag down VW either, just like Audi is not drag down by VW and Toyota is not drag down by Scion.
About the only thing we agree on is that one should not buy a car based on the brand name. Hyundai is making some nice cars, but their dealership network is few and far in between and customer service is terrible.
Appreciate 0