View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
ds1091
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive Sport Line

Help! Square to Staggered Question

So after calling my two local BMW part/service departments as well as browsing the forums, I still cannot get a definite answer to my questions. I have a 2015 428i xDrive Sport line with 18" style 397 wheels. I found a great deal on the Orbit Gray staggered set of 398 style wheels which are also 18". My current square set is 18x8 and the staggered set has 18x8.5 rears. My questions are:

1. Is this going to create performance issues going from square to staggered? The staggered 398 wheels come on 428i xDrive sport lines (non-M sport) with the track handling package so it is a match according to the BMW parts department. But what impacts will this have on traction/AWD, if any?

2. No one can seem to tell me what tires would fit the staggered rears. My current front tires will fit the front offset perfectly, which are 225/45 R18 run flat Pirelli's. But with the 18x8.5 I cannot seem to find an exact match for tire demensions.

Thank you all for any input!
2015 428i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic | Sport Line | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | LED Lighting Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Black Dakota Leather with Red Trim | Harman Kardon Sound | Gloss Black Kidney Grilles | Rear Spoiler | 30% Tint
Appreciate 0