01-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
propwash5
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
I too found the 328I to be very nicely balanced overall, could always use more power, but for what it has its fine. My only gripe would be that the stock msport suspension\ARB's are still way to soft for track use, and the IC could be a bit bigger in stock form as I was getting heatsocked through out the end of the sessions.

FYI charger RT's really are not that fast on the track, they weigh like 5000lbs and are absolute pigs :P.
Can definitely agree with those reflections. I put the intercooler in before I jumped to stage 1 because I had the same heat soaking, especially in the July/August heat. Vastly more consistent performance thereafter. I have done a lot with the suspension but am hesitant to install ARBs as I have regretted doing them on other cars in the past.

Those Dodges are real pigs. I have had Hellcat Chargers in my run group before and they are very easy to pass in every scenario other than on the straight (obviously).
The Dodges are easy targets. I gained multiple car lengths in the braking zones and right transitions. Although not completely a fair fight since I dropped down to a slower run group for my first time out with the F30.

Agreed that the suspension is soft even in M-sport trim. But I walked away impressed with the car's capabilities considering the buyer it's designed for. We are probably the .001% that tracks these cars. Yet the car is still engaging with no major handling flaws to ruin the fun.
Appreciate 4
jmg18697.00
Fr3sh29.50