View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 07:15 AM   #8
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Before I finally bought an F30, I talked to several guys with the new car at the track, it was maybe 40% 4cyl cars. Either way, without exception, they all owned a bmw before. And all had favorable things to say, especially if the rear is tightened with losing those flimsy control arms, and getting some camber in the nose.

So rather than have a crazy car payment, I found a good deal on a 13 m sport 328i witn a stick.

Other than the steering and drive modes that are sort if new and gimicky imh, it drives like a bmw. I’m coming from an n52 that I put 200,000 miles on, many at watkins glen. (Now I have a 97 m3 so I dont need to drive my dailey at the track).

My old 330i was great on the track, m3 front suspension, 13” brakes all around from the factory (later replace with 335i fronts) and a 3.38 lsd, solid adjustable tow links in the rear, exhaust, tune.

It was gutless going up the hill out of tbe boot, the new 328i had a lot more torque at 3500 rpm going for it, and I would concider putting larger rear brakes on it, rear bar and either m3 control arms/and or those kmac plates for some
Camber. If the garage warms up ill take a pair of my track tires/wheels from the m3 and see if they fit.
Appreciate 1