05-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #23
kuradile
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _das_bae_ View Post
Thank you!

The plate is mounted with a tow hook (cause I didn't want to drill into my bumper) that sticks out about a half inch further than the parking sensor so the only solution is to tilt it up slightly so the shadow doesn't make the sensor go off (while in reverse), or get the U.S. Mill plate holder that sits a little closer.
I completely agree on the drilling part but you still have two more alternatives if you're interested.

One is the good old-fashioned double-sided tape. Works wonders, that's what I'm running right now.

On my previous car I had this: Plate bracket. It's a lot cheaper than the Mill one and it's possible to attach this one to the lower grill of the bumper without any drilling using two drywall anchors. Cheap, effective and has a small footprint. I had it on for almost 5 years, it stood up very well to all the abuse including car washes and 140mph sprints on the Autobahn.

The only thing to keep in mind is that since if flexes a bit you should pad the back of the plate so if it's pushed against the bumper it won't scratch it.
Appreciate 1
jeffm8276.00