akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerJoe View Post
@johnung
most oem turbos do fine with the regular HPFP because the tunes are designed to taper boost to not crash the HPFP in the higher RPM range right? user BMWDIYGUY saw decent gains on just his XDI HPFP upgrade. now if I'm PWG going PS1, and HPFP, and if possible a better turbofold.. are the gains really going to be on par with other PWG to PS1 users still, or better? and on the topic of the turbofold, realistically, unless I can find one (and IF this would actually work) at a very low price, PS2 would likely be the better option. just trying to stay at a reasonable budget when I don't have crazy power goals.
Tunes don't taper boost up top on stock turbo.... the stock (pwg) turbo just runs out of steam and tapers itself. It's not something tuners are doing on purpose and definitely has nothing to do with the stock hpfp.

You are chasing a dead end here with trying to justify needing to upgrade stock hpfp on stock turbo or ps1. Ps1 is essentially equivalent to stock ewg turbo, stock ewg turbos get maxed out without hitting fueling limits. Find a competent tuner, get the ps1, custom tune it for your fueling and ambients and you will be good to go.

Also, I think somebody posted about upgrading lpfp... also a waste of money with your proposed setup.