04-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #29
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
There are quite a few HID bulb options to improve output, but kind of depends on what you want really.

Cool Blue Boosts are a solid choice if you want increased brightness and a noticeably whiter color.

Cool Blue Intense are great if you want increased brightness. It's very slightly whiter than OEM as well.

Then there's Osram Nightbreaker Laser and Philips Xtreme Vision Gen2, both of which offer increased brightness, though at the OEM color (which is roughly rated at 4100 ~ 4300K).

They're all good choices really and the best one for you probably depends on what you prefer in terms of color as well as the type of driving and weather conditions where you are. For example, if it rains a lot, snows, or is otherwise foggy often, then the cool blue bulbs might not be as suitable vs. a warmer bulb such as the Nightbreaker Laser or Xtreme Visions. The warmer colors will cut through inclement weather more effectively.

Personally I have tried both the CBIs and CBBs. I have the CBBs on now and love them. That said, weather where I am is generally quite nice year round.

In case it helps, here's my post that compares the CBIs and CBBs:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1601069
Thanks for the write-ups! Very helpful. The CBB's sound ideal, especially since I'm in SoCal where weather is less of a concern. It sounds like the brightness increase is mostly the same, but there's one YouTube video showing that the CBB's actually are brighter than the rest of the Osram lineup which is pretty cool.
Did you opt to remove your front wheels to install, or just turn the wheel all the way inside?
Appreciate 0