View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #19
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckz06 View Post
I'm relying on a tuner to know and recommend the most appropriate set-up. This includes recommending top quality parts.

I was not inclined to do anything with the plugs until MP strongly recommended switching to Champion plugs (referred to as a perfect plug for B58) and re-gapping them.

Having now researched this plug, I would not touch it with a 10foot pole.

MP called out so that others don't make the same mistake when following their recommendations.
As an Indy shop installed gapped (aka non approved BMW parts) I would assume BMW to be happy of having another excuse to avoid paying anything.
Champion plugs (used as OEM parts by many manufacturers) normally do not just disintegrate without reason (otherwise you would have heard of the class action law suit) and destroy engines so you must have had a damaged set/ fake plugs/ damaged during gapping/ damaged during install.
Just because he offered his opinion on the brand doesn't make him responsible. It is your car and your decision. You went with MP so you knew your warranty was voided. Then you decided to install new spark plugs (without any needs as it sounds you didn't run into misfire etc.).
If the boost blew your engine or constant misfire did ..... then I would look to MP but for this?
Appreciate 0